The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach – although this is an old saying no one can deny the importance of food. This Valentine’s Day couples are more happy to share a romantic dinner for the other half and indulge in sweet desserts.
It is not without reason that this holiday of lovers is famous for delicacies made of…. chocolate. Thanks to the cocoa (so the more, the better!) chocolate is an aphrodisiac that is rich in stimulating phenylethylamine (which quickly releases endorphins) and theobromine, or caffeine, that increases activity and strengthen.
Probably a lot of you think, what, if I am on a diet? Don’t worry, we have some great Valentine snack suggestions for you to prepare that will be perfect for your next romantic evening. These are all tasty AND healthy!
Don’t forget that savory & healthy food is one of the best gifts that you can give to your loved one. These ideas are delicious and full of aphrodisiacs that will stimulate your evening. 😊
So let’s start the compositions of potential plates
- Chocolate is one of the best Valentine’s aphrodisiacs. And yes ! You can still be on the diet and use this wonderful ingredient to make your valentine dessert. You just have to make sure to use real chocolate without too much sugar. One effective idea for sweets are chocolate covered strawberries. You only need a half cup of melted dark chocolate with two tablespoons of coconut oil and some sweetener of your choice. One of our favorites for example is made from monk fruit and of course the strawberries are sweet too. Now dip them in the melted chocolate and voilà the dessert is ready 🙂
- A bowl of natural forest fruit like berries will also be perfect. They taste great and are simply very healthy! Rich in vitamins, minerals, macronutrients and micronutrients fruits are always the best.
- Slices of ham and meats with cheese are also great because they contain a lot of protein which are useful for rebuilding and strengthening.
- Mixed cheese platter. Parmesan Gorgonzola, and Ricotta are the the most recommended. Parmesan lowers blood pressure and also is low in calories. Gorgonzola is characterized by low cholesterol levels. Ricotta thanks to light texture and relatively high moisture content, is one of the least caloric cheeses.
- Of course, don’t let your Valentine’s plate be without your favorite nuts. They are so full of benefits that we do not need to stress their health properties.
As all of you can see there are plenty of ideas out there and we hope you will use some these options for your Valentines day.
We wish all our readers a lot of love.