Buns are with us in our diet invariably. As children a handful of rolls could satisfy our hunger. We eat sandwiches for lunch, rolls for breakfast, and every burger has a bun. It is a convenient and tasty product. However, it is generally quite caloric.
Today we would like to show you that you don’t have to give up on tasty buns at all. We have a great & healthy recipe for your favorite roll. Also, the best thing is that 25 minutes will be totally enough and you can enjoy taste this really delicious and wholesome buns right now.
The recipe prepares about 4 small or 3 bigger buns
Wet Ingredients :
- 1 egg (important to rest at room temperature)
- 3 egg whites, also at room temperature
- ¼ cup hot water
Dry Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
seeds for topping (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, I recommend the – ‘Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend’ from Trader Joes.
- Preheat the oven to 356 Fahrenheit.
- First mix all your dry ingredients. Then put all ingredients (dry and wet) into a food processor and mix until smooth. Don’t over-mix the dough though 😉
- Let mixture sit for a while ( 5 min)
- Separate the dough into 3 or 4 equal portions and form buns.
- Place the buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with seeds of choice and bake for around 25 minutes.
Enjoy your healthy delicious buns 🙂
For more information on Gastric Weight Loss Surgery and other weight loss surgical questions, please call BeLiteWeight today at 1-800-215-6497!