For a great go-to recipe when you're busy going to holiday parties for family, work, and friends, try out this amazingly good "lava rocks" recipe, also known as chocolate cookies on the rocks. For the chocolate lovers out there, this is a must-have recipe in your books. And, the best thing about this recipe? It is surprisingly healthy and can fit into a healthier lifestyle.
This is a low-fat, diabetes friendly and low carbohydrate recipe that only has seven grams of fat per cookie with only about 119 calories each. The recipe uses chocolate flavoring through cocoa powder along with bittersweet chocolate and cocoa nibs. On top of that, you can find sea salt, egg whites, and other good-for-you ingredients in these delectable cookies.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need:
And here is the preparation list:
- 2 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons of flour, all-purpose
- Sea salt, use as preference- either a dash or a generous amount
- 3 egg whites, large
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of pecans, chopped
- One 1/2 ounces of chocolate, bittersweet and grated
- 4 teaspoons of cocoa nibs
- First, preheat your oven to 325F. Now, line your baking sheet with non-stick paper and set aside. Stir together the confectioners sugar, cocoa, flour, and the sea salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg whites on a low speed with your mixer or manually. Afterward, add the vanilla extract and continue to stir and beat the mixture on a higher speed or manually. Put in the pecans, bittersweet chocolate and cocoa nibs until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Pour the dough with a spoon on the baking sheet to make into cookies, leaving and inch and a half between each spoonful. Bake the cookies for about fifteen to seventeen minutes or until the tops are glazed over but the centers are still soft when pressed down. Let them cool for about ten minutes and they are ready to serve.
It turned out so well!, Thanks for sharing it.
Comments are closed.