Checklist of Important Steps to Take
1. Pay your $500.00 deposit within 5 days of scheduling your surgery to hold your spot.
There are two ways to pay your deposit:
1. Via Zelle (Preferred with no extra fees): If you have Zelle service with your bank you may pay your deposit FROM YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT using the "send to" email of email@example.com (Your bank may have limits on how much you can send at any one time or over a month so be sure to verify with them. You may also pay in multiple payments, if needed.)
2. Using a PERSONAL Debit or Credit Card (Fee applies with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Logo): Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the orange button that says "Pay Deposit Online!"
Be sure to put the patient name in the Description Box (very top box), so we can properly credit your account.
If you need to pay your deposit using a Business credit/debit card or an American Express card, please contact your facilitator to take your deposit over the phone (there is a 4% fee for these types of cards).
You will receive your receipt automatically from the payment system as long as you enter your email address on the payment page.
2. Make sure you have received the Surgery Confirmation email. (Search your email for the word "confirmation" and check your junk/spam. If you still cannot find it, notify your facilitator so they can resend it to you).
3. Complete your Medical History Form (if you haven't already). The link to your medical questionnaire is HERE. You'll need your Patient ID. Your Patient ID was previously emailed to you (or ask your facilitator for it). Be sure to use the email address we have on file for you.
*If you've been notified of your medical clearance already, you do not need to complete this again. If unsure, please ask first).
4. (THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF LUNG ISSUES AND YOUR FACILITATOR TELLS YOU DIRECTLY) – Review the COVID Testing Protocol. The link is HERE.
5. Send your facilitator: your mailing address & date of birth to complete the hospital pre-registration and if you will be bringing ONE guest with you.
6. Send your travel arrangements.
Refer to your surgery confirmation email for arrival/departure dates and timing BEFORE arranging your travel!
Also, do not arrange any travel until you are medically cleared by the doctors.
If you are flying, forward your flight confirmation email from the airline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(no screenshots, forward the entire flight confirmation)
If you are driving, we'll need to know your arrival time in El Paso the day before your surgery.
7. Notify your facilitator if you are using an outside medical lender.
YOU are responsible to call the lender and make sure they fund the loan PRIOR to your surgery.
8. You may pay your remaining balance one of several ways:
a. Wire Transfer (Fee applies – directions are on your surgery confirmation).
b. Zelle (No fee and directions listed above). *Please note, there is a daily limit for most banks and there may be a delay in depositing to the receiver's bank account. We suggest you do this at least 5 days in advance and be prepared to potentially pay by another means if the full balance is not received PRIOR to your arrival.
c. Cashier's Check or Money Order (No fee) made out to: GLOBAL HELP, LLC and be sure it matches the amount on your surgery confirmation.
d. Debit or Credit Card (Fee applies). *See your surgery confirmation email. If you plan on paying with your Debit card, please make sure to verify with your bank that you do not have a daily limit. If you're using a Debit OR Credit card, call customer service and inform them you will be making a large purchase and the approximate amount. This may help prevent a security hold from being placed on your card/account. Alternately, if you want to have your payment taken care of in advance (not required), please contact your facilitator and we will help you accomplish that.
9. Contact your cell phone carrier and let them know you will be IN MEXICO and investigate any international add-on's or adjustments to your plan, in order for your phone to work.
10. Download Google Translate to your cell phone or tablet. All of the surgeons speak English, and some of the nursing staff, however, it may come in handy and be helpful in communicating with some hospital staff. Practice using the app beforehand.
11. Download Uber Eats to your cell phone or tablet. Normally, the hospital cafeteria is open, however, in the event they are unexpectedly closed or if your guest prefers something different, they have options. Uber Eats will deliver to the front door of the hospital. There are many familiar restaurants to choose from, such as Buffalo Wild Wings, IHop, Denny's, Applebee's, Wendy's, McDonald's, and Starbucks.
12. Send FMLA or any other forms that need to be filled out for your employer, to either our fax 1-888-211-8548 or email to email@example.com and the corporate office will complete them for you.
Be sure to include: the first day you are requesting off, the last day you are requesting off and the date you want to return to work. Also include if you need to return with or without restrictions and any other pertinent information the forms ask for.
Please allow at least 5 business days for the office to return them to you for review.
13. Please continue and review the following pages to prepare for your upcoming surgery. Be sure to bookmark these pages as you read through them for easy future reference:
1. Pre-Op Diet
8. COVID Testing Protocol (THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF LUNG ISSUES AND YOUR FACILITATOR TELLS YOU DIRECTLY)