Who says that being on a diet means bland, boring foods? Instead of being stuck with celery and water, you can actually have very yummy and delicious meals and snacks with the right kind of recipes. Like this sweet pumpkin cream cheese dip that is perfect both for diets and as a seasonal snack.
Instead of a high fat cream cheese that can break a diet, this cream cheese dip is low fat as well as still providing a sugary, sweet taste. No blandness, no having to cheat on your diet. And the best part about this recipe? It is only 107 calories with only three grams of fat in one serving (which is about three tablespoons)! Compare that with any store bought cream cheese dip.
Use it on pumpkin pie, bagels, or you can serve it with apple slices, pear slices, or other fruits. Practically any seasonal dish can be paired upnicely with this dish and it's also great for those upcoming holiday parties.
What will you need for this recipe? You can find the ingredient list below:
- Eight ounces of cream cheese, low fat
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves, grounded up
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
This recipe will make approximately twelve servings and is best for around six or seven slices of apple or another fruit which complements the pumpkin cream cheese dip. The rest of the directions are very easy and quick to do, taking less than ten minutes altogether to finish. For directions, see below.
- Get a mixing bowl and place all of the ingredients together in the bowl.
- Either using your hands or a mixer on medium power, mix everything together until completely mixed with a creamy consistency.
- Serve at room temperature.