With only 54 calories, 4g of fat, and very yummy, this warm and wrapped in goodness asparagus dip is sure to please a crowd at a party or even for your own family. It is easy to make, doesn't take long to whip up, and you won't have to cheat on your diet or healthy living lifestyle in order to enjoy it.
Asparagus is a great vegetable that goes with practically anything, but the best type of meal is when it is turned into a dip and compliments things such as bacon, chips, crackers, and other finger foods on top of being a great sauce or topping for a full meal. Using low fat and diet friendly butter and fresh thyme, you're going to love this and your body will thank you! Here is the full list of ingredients you will need:
- One bunch of asparagus
- One tablespoon of low fat butter
- One tablespoon of low sodium salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- One garlic clove
- 8 ounces of light cream cheese
- 8 ounces of light sour cream
- 1/4 cups of Romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Two to four drops of hot sauce
- One tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- One tablespoon of thyme
And here are the directions to make this scrumptious asparagus dip:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the asparagus into rounds, preferably thin, and discard the hard ends and sauté the soft ends in the light butter over medium or high heat. Dash in the salt and pepper and let it cook for about five minutes or until soft. Add the garlic in last and remove from the heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix them together. Then, add in the asparagus from the pan.
- Put the contents into an oven safe dish, let it bake for 20 minutes or until it is bubbly. Let stand for five to ten minutes to cool and