Perfect for those humid summer nights or even during a sunny summer lunch, this spicy peach glazed grilled chicken is sure to tantalize all of the taste buds with its eclectic flavors. But not only is it a yummy meal, it is also very healthy for both people looking to maintain a light and fresh lifestyle or even if they are on a diet but still want tasty meals every day.
What makes this grilled chicken so much better for you than other alternatives? There are several key ingredients that make the spicy peach glazed grilled chicken even better for you, some of them include:
- Olive oil is great for your skin, hair, as well as for your dieting. This is because olive oil has the good kind of fatty acids known as monounsaturated fatty acids or MUFAs.
- Grilled chicken that is cleaned of its skin and isn't cooked in bad fats can be very healthy for you and gives you a nice, lean protein that is absolutely perfect for a healthy lifestyle.
- Even peaches have health benefits and can fit into nearly any diet. They have enough sweetness that can be a replacement for bad sugars that can mess up an entire diet or healthy eating lifestyle.
- Two cups of preserved peach jam
- One tablespoon of chopped garlic
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce>
- One tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- One small jalapeno
- Salt and finely ground pepper
- Eight skinned chicken breasts
- Four whole peaches
- Combine the jam, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, jalapeno, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Heat up the grill.
- Spread olive oil on the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken on each side for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the peach glaze and cook for 4-5 more minutes. (NOTE: Reserve ½ cup of the peach glaze)
- Cut the peaches in half and place them on the grill—cut side down—for 2 minutes. Flip them over, brush with the reserved peach glaze, and grill for 3-4 more minutes, until they are soft.