When you are looking for a dinner or lunch recipe that the entire family will love but won't ruin your diet or healthy lifestyle, there are still many tasty options available to you. One of the best that can serve up an entire family and still be in low in fat (only 1.2 grams!) are these flavorful chicken fajitas.
Full of zucchini, bell peppers, and skinless chicken, this is the ultimate recipe for anyone on a diet but still wants a hearty meal. Even the tortillas used in this recipe are low in fat and all of the ingredients are fresh and healthy for you when it comes to necessary nutrients, vitamins, and your heart health.
- Two boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- One green pepper, small, cut into strips
- One red onion, small, quartered
- One zucchini, small, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
- Eight flour or corn tortillas, low fat
And here is the preparation needed for the low fat fajitas:
- Take your large skillet and spray with cooking spray, putting over high heat. Add in vegetables and saute until crisp, tender, or about five minutes. Remove the vegetables and keep them warm.
- Keep skillet on high heat and now add in chicken with seasoning and begin to toss so seasoning ingredients coat the chicken. Add in about 1/4 cup of water and let simmer for five minutes.
- Bring vegetables back to the skillet and let them heat through with the chicken and coating the vegetables in seasoning.
- Warm tortillas to make them pliable and easy to work with while cooking ingredients.
- Take ingredients and serve on tortillas of choice. Add in salsa, reduced fat sour cream, or low fat shredded cheese for added taste.