If you're trying to cut out high fats in your life but most of the dishes that are normally low in fat seem boring or tasteless, then you need to try out these yummy chicken enchiladas. They are actually very low in fat–around 9.8 grams–but still have that same savory taste of normal, high in fat enchiladas.
Using boneless skinless chicken, this recipe also includes fresh cilantro, nonfat sour cream, low-fat cheeses, and other diet friendly options that will be a change from the normal celery or salad dishes most diets call for. This particular recipe makes three to four enchiladas, so this is also the perfect opportunity to try it out on family or at a party for friends.
- Three chicken breast shredded, boneless and skinless
- Three tablespoon of cilantro (can be optional)
- Four cups salsa, fat-free
- 1cup of cream cheese, low-fat and softened
- Four tablespoons of sour cream, nonfat
- Two finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Three tablespoons of green chillies
- Two finely chopped and shredded jalapeno pepper
- Six tablespoons of cheddar cheese, low-fat
- Six Wheat tortillas
And here is the preparation list after you've gathered up your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Next, combine all of the cream cheese, green onion, sour cream, cilantro, cumin, jalapeno, and green chilies together in a mixing bowl. Then, gradually fold in the shredded chicken for an even consistency.
- Take a baking dish or pan and start layering the bottom with salsa, then next a heated tortilla, and then either 1/3 or 1/4 cups of the mixture of chicken and other ingredients. Fold over the tortilla to make the enchilada tortilla casing. Put more salsa on top.
- Bake the enchiladas for about a half hour or until everything is properly cooked. Take out the enchiladas to sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and then put back into oven to allow for cheese to melt on the enchiladas. Can be served with more salsa or sour cream on the side.