Ready for a delicious and diet friendly treat? Then you're going to want to try out these caramel apple cookies which include delectable ingredients such as crispy apple, chewy oatmeal, and sweet and salty caramel bits!
With less than 100 calories per serving, these cookies are the perfect dessert for those health conscious people out there looking to shed some pounds but don't necessarily want to have to eat salad all of the time in order to maintain their diet. All of the ingredients used in this recipe are fresh, light, but pack enough flavor in each bite that you won't be able to eat just one cookie.
What will you need to make this recipe? Here is the full ingredient list below.
- One 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- One 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cups of sugar, granulated
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar, packed
- Six tablespoons of butter, unsalted and softened
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One egg, large
- 3/4 cups of apple slices, dried and finely chopped
- 3/4 cups of caramel bits
Now that you have your ingredients gathered up, here is the preparation for these sweet and salty and fruity caramel apple cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Place your flour into cups, leveled at the tops with a knife, and then put into large mixing bowl and mix together the oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir everything together in the bowl.
- Put both of the sugars and butter into another large mixing bowl, beating it manually or with a mixer until consistency is fluffy. Next, put in the vanilla and egg and beat well into the rest of the mixture. Now, gradually beat in the flour and then finally add the apple and caramel bits. Fold over mixture to get apple and caramel bits in evenly.
- Two teaspoons of dough for each cookie should be placed on a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving room for each semi-flattened dough ball. Allow to bake for nine minutes.
- Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!