When you're looking for a good meat alternative for your healthy living lifestyle or diet, one of the best choices is always fresh fish. It provides a natural and abundant source of protein while also providing other necessary nutrients without you having to worry about all of the fat that can be found in beef or pork. One delectable dish that includes Tilapia are these fish tacos that are festive and fresh.
With only a couple of low calorie and low fat ingredients, you can create an amazing dish for the whole family or even for yourself as a lunch or dinner meal. Featuring fresh Tilapia with freshly cut lime and soft, low fat tortillas, you will want to keep this recipe on hand for future meals because of how flavorful it is. This is also closer to a traditional taco dish with fewer ingredients but still packs in enough of a punch so it doesn't taste bland or boring.
Here is the full ingredient list. The following measurements will make four servings ot two tacos.
- Four filets of Tilapia, as fresh as possible
- Eight flour tortillas, low fat and soft
- Two fresh limes
- 1/2 cups of sour cream, low fat
- 1/2 cups of salsa, fresh and low fat
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
And here are the instructions. Overall, these Tilapia fish tacos have a total prep and cook time of 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Take a baking dish and cover with a light layer of oil or cooking spray, place all Tilapia filets in baking dish and let bake between 28 to 30 minutes. Next, remove from oven and let cool.
- Using a fork, cut and shred the Tilapia into smaller pieces on a tortilla (or two, depending on preference) and then add a dollop of sour cream, salsa, and sprinkle on the lettuce to desired amount. Finally, squeeze lime across tacos for taste.