Part of any healthy lifestyle or trying to shed some pounds is going to be the ultra-healthy and good for you protein shake. These shakes are great as breakfast meals, snacks, or even with your dinner or while working out. They provide an extra boost in all of the nutrients you need while also making sure that fat comes off and stays off! If you're looking for a tasty and very healthy protein shake, then you need to check out this recipe for this berry fruit smoothie shake.
Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are high in antioxidants and perfect for those on a diet because of their low caloric intake. This shake only takes about five minutes to make and offers a yummy blend of mixed berries that can be either frozen or fresh to really wake you up in the morning or help as a pick-me-up during the day.
This particular recipe makes a single serving of the berry protein shake, so plan accordingly if you want your family or friends to try out this protein shake as well. Here are all of the ingredients you will need:
- 3/4 cups of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.) or same amount of frozen berries
- 1/2 cups of low fat yogurt, vanilla flavored
- 1/2 of a fresh banana
- 1/2 cups of fruit juice, cold (white grape juice or blueberry is the best with this recipe)
- One tablespoon of wheat germ
- One scoop of vanilla whey powder
And here are the easy directions to make this ultra-healthy berry protein shake:
- Add a few ice cubes and put them aside in a bowl.
- Prep either a food processor or blender and put all of the ingredients in together with the ice cubes. Blend until all ingredients are mixed together consistently. How much the ingredients are blended can be up to you.