You can still use certain cheeses and even higher sodium salt in your meals when used in smaller amounts, such as the smaller portions in this funky chicken recipe that has a Mediterranean flair. If you enjoy feta cheese, peppers, and olives then you're going to absolutely love this dish. And since it is diet friendly, you don't have to break your own diet to try out this recipe for dinner or as a great party dish.
This chicken stuffed Mediterranean dish can normally be very high in calories because of the feta cheese and the certain chicken cuts used, but this particular way it is cooked and prepared takes out the high caloric intake and uses skinless chicken that won't be as high in fat. Also, there are diet friendly ingredients such as sliced olives and diced green and red peppers.
Here is the full ingredient list below. This particular meal makes about eight servings, so use according measurements for your own recipe.
- One large red bell pepper
- 1/4, or one ounce, feta cheese, crumbled
- Two tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- One tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- Eight 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
And here is the preparation list for this Funky Mediterranean Chicken down below.
- Preheat boiler and cut your bell pepper in half, discarding seeds and other inside contents. Place the pepper halves on a tin foil sheet skin sides up and broil until about 15 minutes or until blackened. Then, let stand for fifteen minutes and begin to chop.
- Put grill on medium to high heat and combine the peppers, olives, feta cheese, and basil.
- Cut the chicken so it creates a pocket and place the contents inside, allowing for about two tablespoons of the bell pepper mixture. Dash chicken with a bit of salt and black pepper for taste.
- Place chicken on grill rack, coat with cooking spray, and let grill for about six minutes on each side or until at desired time.