You don’t have to cut out pizza from your life entirely if you’re trying to shed off some extra weight. There are healthy pizza recipes and alternatives out there to satisfy your junk food cravings while also keeping up with your healthy lifestyle. One yummy recipe is this cauliflower pizza crust that offers a grain-free solution for your pizza eating needs.
This is a simple, easy, and quick thirty minute recipe that the entire family can even enjoy for lunch or dinner. This is also great if you’re on a special diet that cuts down your grain intake because there is none used in this recipe. In fact, you probably have all the ingredients right now in your kitchen.
Here is the ingredient list below. This recipe will make approximately six servings.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- One large egg
- One teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
And here’s how to make this delectable alternative to high calorie pizza crust.
- Using your food processor, feed the cauliflower into the tube until all the pieces have been shredded while using the grating blade.
- Next you will need to place a steamer insert on a saucepan or use a vegetable steamer. If using the saucepan, add in water just below steamer and let it boil. Add in the cauliflower and then cover for 15 minutes. Now take the cauliflower to a large bowl and let it refrigerate, stirring only occasionally, until it has cooled down.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place aside.
- Now stir in the Italian cheese blend, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper with the cauliflower until everything is thoroughly mixed together. Now start pouring the mixture on the baking sheet and start shaping it into pizza crust.
- Let bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.