Ready to try something you’ve probably never had before, let alone made in your own kitchen? Here’s a recipe that will sure to raise some interest: grilled octopus with coriander and sweet chili.
Despite the weird mixture of ingredients, this is actually becoming quite the popular dish and is actually very healthy for you. The mixture of seafood and sweet chili also provide a unique taste of salty and tangy that can’t be found in many other recipes. If you’re looking to get a little adventurous in your kitchen or even have a go-to unique dish when it comes to those social gatherings, do give this one a try.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of baby octopus, cleaned
- 1/2 cups of sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, low sodium
- Two cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
And here’s how to make this unique dish yourself:
- Get a large saucepan with water and put over high heat until boiling. Place baby octopus into saucepan for one to two minutes until almost cooked through. Drain and then put under cold water.
- Find a large bowl and mix together 1/3 cup of chili sauce along with lime juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce as well as adding in the octopus until well coated. Let stand for about 15 minutes. Use the remaining chili sauce and two teaspoons of water in a smaller bowl.
- Spray BBQ or char grill pan with oil and heat on medium to high heat. Place octopus on for about two to three minutes or until tentacles start to char.
- Sprinkle cooked octopus with the coriander and cashews and the drizzle on the rest of the sauce on top of cooked rice.