There are countless of ways to drop weight. Some are better than others. Whether you are exercising or have opted for surgeries like the lap band or gastric bypass, any weight loss plan can and will be frustrating if it is not supported by a proper diet.
Pancakes are undeniably delicious and filling, but they are also a great way to kill any weight loss diet. Packed with loads of carbs from the flour and calories from sugar, pancakes can throw off and ruin anyone’s diet. But, should we just give up on pancakes entirely? No way, they’re too good. Instead, try this healthy and delicious weight loss recipe for Sweet Potato Pancakes.
To start, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup of egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of peanut flour (Any flour will work, but peanut flour is a healthy alternative)
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda and/or baking powder (again, this is a personal preference)
- 1 teaspoon of honey or coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon of salt
- Optional: milk (any type), to thin batter if needed
Once you have your ingredients together, it’s time to get cooking! Simply mix all the materials well in a large bowl and beat till a smooth batter develops. Once done, spread evenly over a heated skillet and flip accordingly. Enjoy!