Even though we lose up to a hundred strands of hair every day, sometimes we lose much more hair than we should! If this problem concerns you while you are losing weight then please don’t panic. There are big changes that are taking place in your body due to the weight loss and losing some hair is ordinary. Only in rare cases can hair loss be a sign of more serious health problems.
It is important to remember that losing hair is a common problem that is more than likely due to aging, stress levels, and eating habits. Sometimes just making a few small changes to your diet can help overcome this problem!
• Vitamin C – Protects against oxidative stress. (citrus fruits, black currant, parsley, kale, brussels, sprouts, broccoli, paprika, wild rose)
• Vitamin Bs – Rebuilds the hair cuticles. (nuts and seeds, eggs and dairy products, in poultry, soy milk, beans, fish, spinach, porridge)
• Vitamin D – Combats alopecia and bald patches. (fatty sea fish, eggs, butter, Parmesan, cheddar, cow’s milk.)
• Iron – Supports the regenerative abilities of the hair. (mussels, oysters, beef, beans)
• Zinc – Strengthens hair roots and accelerates growth. (tomatoes, parsley, cruciferous vegetables, cocoa, endive lettuce, , quinoa, tofu, wild rice, sesame, pumpkin seeds, mushrooms)
• Omega-3 – Reduces inflammation. (walnuts, walnut oil, grapeseed oil, salmon, sardines, halibut)
Once again, if you are experiencing hair loss after losing weight do not worry! This is normal. Just be sure to give your body the vitamins listed above. Now that you have the knowledge about what vitamins can help, the topic of hair loss shouldn’t be so scary 😉