Creating new, healthy combinations for your meal planning doesn’t have to be a hassle, especially when you have a handy guide like this one to help you. If you want to keep your next dinner or lunch light on the calories but big on taste while still filling you up, then you need to try out this interesting combination of cilantro lime shrimp and green beans.
At only 253 calories with 35 grams of protein and only 5 grams of fat, you’re going to love this dish and so will your family. It combines the flavorful punch of cilantro and lime on shrimp along with a side dish of healthy green beans that add a bit of crunch to the dish.
And the best part – this calls only for a handful of ingredients and is super easy to make!
Here are all the ingredients you will need:
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 pounds of shrimp, deveined and shelled
- Six cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cups of fresh cilantro, chopped
- One fresh lime
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Six cups of fresh green beans
And here’s how to make this shrimp and green bean combination:
- Get a large frying pan and put it over high heat on the stove. Next add in the olive oil to the pan and when the pan is finally hot, add in the shrimp. Then season it with the salt and pepper to your taste. Let the shrimp cook on one side for about two to three minutes until turning over on the other side and adding in the garlic.
- In a separate pan on medium to high heat, add in the green beans along with crushed garlic, salt, and pepper for taste. Cook for two minutes and then add in a 1/2 cup of water, cover, and let cook for eight minutes. Uncover and let water evaporate.
- Saute the shrimp for another minute or until the shrimp is cooked but being careful to not overcook them. Once ready, remove the shrimp and squeeze the lime over the shrimp and finally toss with the cilantro.